From: "Standard Atlas of Charles Mix County (1906)", published by Geo. A. Ogle & Co., page 55.
The Turgeons came into the county in 1878 and 1879. Abraham, since deceased, and Francis arriving first, soon followed by Onesime, Louis and Phil. As soon as they were well located they engaged in ranching, and have acquired extensive tracts of land. Phil Turgeon, who was so well and favorable known among the pioneers, was drowned some years ago in the Missouri, but Louis and Onesime still reside on their farms. Onesime Turgeon was one of the pioneers in sinking a large artesian well, which he is still using to drive his saw mill, threshing machine and other farm machinery.
Wm. Emery had settled on Snake creek south of the gap in the Bijou Hills in the early seventies or earlier. His name appears as early as 1873 as one of the county officers under the Lamonte organization. His place was near the county line. He remained there until in the eighties and has numerous descendents living in Gregory county.